There are BETTER alternatives to oral hygiene than fluoride and alcohol based mouthwash!
You can have a beautiful smile, whiter teeth and healthy oral hygiene without all the awful additives and toxins in traditional toothpaste and mouthwash.
For years the dental health profession has know and widely uses clove oil in making medicated fillings for teeth (temporary use) - but did you know that clove, peppermint, thyme and tea tree oils can prevent and actually reverse dental problems?
Be wise when you choose products for your oral health as this has a great impact on your overall health. In an article at DentalHealth.org it states:
A poor oral hygiene regimen can be a bacterial breeding ground and when oral hygiene is neglected or ignored it will eventually cause periodontal disease. Bacterium associated with periodontitis can enter the bloodstream via bleeding gums which is what links the two together. Here are just a few medical conditions linked to poor oral hygiene:
- Heart disease - Bacteria in the bloodstream can travel to the heart and lead to a heart attack.
- Endocarditis - Bacteria may find its way to the inner linings of the heart and valves which in turn, create growth pockets of bacteria. These pockets cause inflammation and infection of the inner linings of the heart.
- Stroke - There are a number of reasons why a stroke may occur - one of them is the narrowing of artery walls and another is blood clots. It is believed that oral bacteria may be a contributing factor to the arteries narrowing as well as blood clots easily forming because of the body's negative response to the bacteria in the bloodstream.
- Inflammation - Inflamed gums and bleeding may cause systemic inflammation.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - It is known that periodontal disease will worsen the pain already suffered by those inflicted with this auto immune disorder.
- Lung Condition - Those already suffering from COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and pneumonia may have their condition worsened due to an increase of bacteria in their lungs.
Short excerpt from the National Center for Biotechnology - US Library of Medicine says - Eugenol (clove oil) is widely used and well-known for its medicinal properties. Traditional uses of clove oil include the use in dental care, as an antiseptic and analgesic. It is active against oral bacteria associated with dental caries and periodontal disease and effective against a large number of other bacteria[35,36,37,38] and virus. Previous studies have reported biological activities of eugenol including antifungal,[40,41,42] anti-carcinogenic, anti-allergic,[44,45] anti-mutagenic activity, antioxidant and insecticidal properties. In our study, eugenol oil showed antimicrobial activity at the lowest concentration against all organisms compared with all essential oils.
Here is the link to the full article.
Nico's Organics now has a terrific group of Oral Care Products with ingredients that are all natural, organic, anticavity, anti inflammatory, antiseptic, clean and detoxify your mouth naturally!
Check them out:
tooth brightening powder contains organic clove and peppermint :)
tooth oil contains organic avocado oil (which is considered to be less allergenic than nut oils), special blend of organic essential oils (including clove and peppermint)
mouthwash - concentrated, pure essential oils formulated to be the perfect companion for your total oral care routine. Cleans, detoxes, promotes healthy gums, mouth and teeth (including clove, thyme, tea tree and peppermint).